In my last post, I focused on specific important and influential moments that happened on my blog and the aniblogosphere in 2010. In my opinion, 2010 was a good year for blogging, but how about 2011? There are many things I want to accomplish for New Year, but not everything can be done. It’s more like goals instead of resolutions since most people usually break it. Besides doing better in college, these are the five goals/resolutions I wish to achieve for the New Year. (Image Source)
- Get 50+ subscribers – It’s important to get people to subscribe and read my blog. This is probably the same goal if you run a blog and want to be successful. Posting interesting editorials, reviews and opinionated episodic posts convinces a person to subscribe and read the blog. The subscription number is essentially the performance of the blog besides the usual page views, visits and unique visitors. So far, I have 33 subscribers (accounting subscribers from Google Reader, Feedburner and Anime Nano), which makes it possible to get near or over 50 subscribers if I try hard enough.
- Finish my Backlog – Sadly, new Anime always delay the finishing of my backlog. This happened with Air and Kanon haven’t been finish until July and September of last year respectively. For this year, I will try my best to finish some or most of the backlog so I have room for more shows.
- Improve my writing… Even more! – Even though the writing was acceptable from last year, I want to improve my writing even more since it’s important for both college and blogging. Improved writing skills will also help with #1.
- Write the reviews immediately after I finish a series. – Like #2, I should not delay writing the review and write it a day after I finish it. When I delay reviews, readers would probably lose interest on what I have to say about a specific completed series.
- Try to attend an Anime convention – I know this one will be iffy since I live in New Jersey and most of the fun conventions are in California and some other states. I may go if it’s possible since I want to meet with some bloggers in real life.
So, this pretty much wraps up the five important goals I want to achieve or exceed this year. It may be difficult, but awarding at the end.
Anyways, what are your resolutions you want to achieve this year Anime Related?