What is this blog about?
Chikorita157’s Anime Blog is an anime blog started in February 2009. It focuses on various Japanese media such as anime, manga, and Japanese video games. I cover primarily shows that have a mostly female cast, female protagonists, Yuri, comedy, romance and drama. In addition, I also cover harem genre shows once in a while. Lastly, I write editorials covering topics related to anime, the fandom, the anime industry and other related topics once in a while.
If you want to follow me on social media, see the links on the bottom of this page. For blog related inquiries, send them to chikorita157 at chikorita157 dot com.
Non-anime related or short form posts are usually made over at Atelier Shiori.
This blog started as a hobby during my freshman year of college. It started when I got back into Anime after I stopped following the Pokémon anime for a while. I discovered Suzumiya Haruka, Lucky Star, Kanon and Clannad, which rekindled my interest in anime that went dormant in the early 2000s for obvious reasons. The rest is history as I figure out what types of shows I enjoy and such. To date, I completed 151 different titles, which equates to 35 days of Anime.
This blog originally started on some free hosting services. Eventually, I gained access to my own credit card and some allowance, allowing me to obtain a domain name in 2010 and later, better hosting. Presently, this blog is hosted on a virtual private server with BuyVM. If you are wondering what I use to create content, see my post sharing the behind the scenes.
You might be wondering what kind of person I am. I am an Asian American/Chinese-American male. However, I do not conform to gender norms/non-gender confirming (e.g. long hair) on a bit more on the feminine side despite being attracted to girls. I spend most of my free time on the computer socializing with people on the internet, messing with technology (including programming), playing video games, and watching anime/reading manga. I listen to mostly Japanese pop music, mostly from anime and female seiyuus.
I also know Japanese at an intermediate/advanced level for reading, but I am still working on it and hope to take the JPLT in the near future. I started my self studies in 2011, but I’m still working on it, especially memorizing those Kanji, which are Chinese characters with WaniKani.
You might be wondering how I got into anime? Miyazaki’s films such as My Neighbor Totoro and Kiki’s Delivery Service and anime that aired on broadcast television in the 1990s such as Pokémon, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, and Card Captor Sakura are some of the influential titles. I didn’t really get hardcore into it until I started this blog during my freshman year of college. I primarily prefer slice of life comedies with a mostly female cast and Yuri genre stories nowadays.I do watch a few romantic harems and other genre shows, some with a male lead once in a while.
As for my professional life, I work primarily in Information Technology as a SysAdmin in the Federal Government. I currently have two IT certifications in Cyber Security from CompTIA (Security Plus and Cybersecurity Analyst) and knowledgeable in using various technologies. I even manage the server this blog is hosted on. If you need computer advice or help, feel free to ask me.
For any blog-related inquiries, send them to chikorita157 (at) chikorita157 (dot) com.
- Birthday: August 9
- Height: 5 ft, 1 in (155 cm)
- Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/They/Them
- Location: DC Metro Area (Montgomery County, Maryland (Gaithersburg-Germantown area))
- Favorite Artists: Lia, Sakamoto Mayaa, Mizuki Nana, Sphere, Kalafina, Imai Asami, Uesaka Sumire, Uchida Maya, Trysail, Ueda Reina, Minase Inori, Kito Akari
- Favorite Idols: Kisaragi Chihaya, Miura Azusa, Shijou Takane, Hagiwara Yukiho, Futaba Anzu, Kansaki Ranko, Anastasia, Mimura Kanako, Nishikino Maki, Sonoda Umi, Hoshizora Rin
- Interests (other than Anime): Music, Politics, Information Technology, Video Games
Aside from anime and manga, I also play video games, but mostly Japanese ones. If you wish to make a friend request, feel free to do so as long I know you (e.g. Twitter, anime forums, etc). The main Gacha games I play are Magia Record (Japanese version), Uma Musume and Kirara Fantasia.
Note: I have a Nintendo Online membership.
- PSN (Japanese): chikorita_157 (Trophies)
- 3DS: 2406-5224-9182 (US), 5258-2142-9371 (Japanese)
- Nintendo Switch: SW-5681-9083-4036 (Japanese)
- Steam: chikorita157
- Magia Record (Japanese version only): hsCazBTX
- Goals: Akuma Homura???
- Goals Achieved: RikaRen, Hiiragi Nemu, Tamaki Ui, Ultimate Madoka, Nagisa, IroYachi
Magia Record (English version only): RnET4p1B(Inactive as if 8/29 due to end of service) Goals: Ultimate Madoka (1 extra slot), Hiiragi Nemu (2 slot), Tamaki Ui (2 slot), RikaRen (Christmas Ver.) (2 slot), Ultimate Tart (2 slot) Goals Achieved: IroYachi (3 slot), Tart/Darc (2 slot min), Haregi Mitama (2 slot), Uwasa Tsuruno
- Kirara Fantasia: KD7FAC4F47
- Goals: ???
Revue Starlight (EN): 8883625333(Inactive as if 9/21 due to time issues in the future)
- Pocket Monsters Sword/Shield: 0000 0006 C21X KT
Use this form to begin a request.
What shows do you watch?
What music do you listen to?
Primarily anime songs and Japanese-pop music from female Seiyuus. You can see what I primarily listen to here.
Why there are Advertisements?
They are there to help cover the costs of hosting this blog in addition to making any future improvements to it. This can range from commissioning new artwork used for site header images, materials for review, etc. I highly advise you not to use AdBlock by whitelisting this website.
Why WordPress Likes are Disabled?
There are three reasons.
- There are abusers who are using the Like system to promote their blog. While WordPress TOS does not allow SPAM, they had refuse to do anything about it. Note that Like Spam hurts the credibility of my blog. You can read more about it here and the list of Like Spammers can be viewed here. Like Spammers are people who like posts randomly, usually doesn’t follow your blog, and their blog has a completely different interest or has low quality websites. Once the Like Spammer’s name is on this list, it cannot be removed. To prevent yourself from getting on this list, refrain from using the Like system if your blog does not focus on Anime or related topics.
- Likes discourages interaction/comments. I want to encourage readers to leave comments so that I know that people are actually reading and liking my content. As a result of number one, the Like metric is completely useless due to Like Spammers.
- WordPress Reactions replaces WordPress Likes, which allows readers who don’t want to leave a comment, but still want to engage by leaving a reaction. There are additional reactions besides like such as Love 😍, Surprised 😮, Thinking 🤔, and Sad😭. This solves issue #1 as the user’s name won’t be shown at all since its anonymous, thus preventing abuse. In addition, I can see the analytics behind all the reactions on posts that received them.
What do you use to create your content? What is your setup?
This post will explain what I use as my main computing setup.
Mascot (WIP, Needs 2D Art)
Name: Hanamori Yuriko (花守 百合子)
Birthday: May 14
Weight: 51 kg (101 lbs)
Height: 155 cm (5 ft, 1in)
Three Sizes: 86 cm, 60cm, 82cm
Favorite Things: Yuri/comedy/slice of life Manga, music, video games, computers, and idols.
Hanamori Yuriko is a normal 2nd year high school girl student who lives in Toyko. She enjoys playing music at her band club and usually gets good grades. She spends her time reading yuri manga in addition to school girl slice of life stories, looking at the latest fashion trends and obsessing over idols and yuri pairings. She is also skilled at using computers and good at programing.
Excluding any photographs I took and the text in my posts, which licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License., all images are used under Fair Use prevision under the Copyright Law for review purposes and no infringement is intended. All artwork used on posts will always be credited to the original artist including a link to his or her pixiv page. If you are the copyright owner and wish not to have one of your images used, notify me on the contact page. You may use my work as long you follow the terms of the license. Please refrain from republishing my work on scraper sites without asking permission.