1. Hibike! Euphonium Second Season
As expected, Kyoto Animation met expectations with the second season of Hibike Euphonium. I felt that the drama involving Mizore and Nozomi, Asuka’s family issues and Taki’s dark past was great. While there is not as many Kumiko and Reina moments compared to the first season, at least Kumiko didn’t go with Shuichi. I am happy with the ending since Asuka is the one that Kumiko ends up confessing. Since they developed bonds while playing the euphonium together, the ending felt more symbolic.
2. New Game!
I have to admit that New Game is very enjoyable because of the characters, especially Ko, Hifumi, Aoba, Rin, Nene and Umiko. There is so many potential two-girl shipping in this show too (Hifumi and Aoba, Rin and Ko and Nene and Umiko being the notable ones). While this is a more light-hearted version of Shirobako, New Game still focused on various aspects of video game production. I felt that the girls’ workplace experience is very relatable to mine, which made the show more enjoyable.
3. Anne Happy
Believe it or not, it’s easy to feel sympathetic to the girls in this show since they have something that make them unfortunate. Of course, this leads to crazy moments when the girls play a life-size board game, going on an outdoor adventure and play at a virtual casino. As expected, the two girl relationships are strong, especially with Hibiki and Ren. Someday, the girls will achieve true happiness after they complete their training.
Honestly, I never thought that a show that have cute girls riding motor bikes will be this enjoyable. Bakuon had so many fun moments. They range from the bike club members doing a race during a festival, Rin and Onsa arguing about Suzuki bikes and Hane in general. While I am not interested in motor bikes, it’s a fun show.
5. Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya 3rei
After being disappointed with 2wei Hertz, which lacked magical girl action, 3rei impresses. 3rei does not only gives the series a darker tone, there is more magical girl action. Illya and her friends ends up the alternate world while the Ainsworths kidnapped Miyu. Still, there are funny moments such as Illya turning into a stuff animal. Also, the Shirou in this universe is a bit more tolerable than the usual one, so that gets a plus.
- High School Fleet – Enjoyable premise and characters, but the idea of hamsters causing ships to go rouge is a bit corny.
- Koukaku no Pandora – Light-hearted Sci-Fi series with Nene and Clarion helping people. This show had the most yuri potential for obvious reasons.
- Love Live Sunshine – The show is very enjoyable, but the constant references to Muse hurt Aquor’s potential to stand out. It didn’t help that the story writer rehashed
- Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku – The idea of a magical girl battle royal is interesting along with story’s unpredictability. Still, some characters annoyed me, especially those angel twins.
- Show By Rock 2 – Just as enjoyable as the first season, although the ending kind of felt rushed.
- Stella no Mahou – While not as focused on video game development like New Game!, it’s a solid slice of life show with enjoyable characters.
This sums up my top 5 anime for 2016. With that, feel free to discuss your favorite anime from this year.
If you see this text, this site has stolen my content. If you are affected by content thieves, look this domain up on a Whois Service, look up the IP and send a DMCA takedown with the host provider. STOP STEALING CONTENT AND MAKE YOUR OWN. Also, MATRIXAT, go fuck yourself you fucking thief!