As the fall season anime concluded last weekend, it seems that I ran out of ideas to write editorials. For now, it is a good time to focus on the remaining awards posts I have left collecting dust in a corner because I was busy doing other important things along with work. With that, I will share my responses.
The Infinity Dreams Award – Nominated by Kai, author of Deluscar
I can only think of four since I do not have a fifth one in mind.
1. Be able to understand Japanese proficiently
It is no secret that I have started to teach myself Japanese when I figured out that it was not impossible while having some desire to play games that never got released outside of Japan. After finding some textbooks to study, creating flash cards to memorize Kanji and vocabulary in Anki and buying Japanese language video games, I can understand 70-90% of the dialog with the use of a dictionary for words I do not know. While I finished studying all the grammar from the Advanced Japanese textbook several months back, I plan on taking on the JLPT N3 most likely next year and then go from there.
2. Go to an Anime Convention
After reading several posts of people sharing their experiences at anime conventions over the years, they look pretty fun since there are various events such as voice actor/actress appearance while being able to meet other fans around the world aside, looking at cosplayers and what kind of merchandise is being sold.
Of course, going to one can be expensive if there is none around the area. In short, you would have to pay for airfare and hotel charges in addition to the admission costs. Since I have been in college in the past several years, of course I have limited funds. Now that I am working, I am trying to save money to attend one next year to attend one during my vacation time. Which one I will go to will all depend on how much money I have at the time.
3. Finish my Video Game backlog
Like with most people who play video games, the backlog keeps building. Of course, I am part of the problem since I keep buying games and do not beat them at least once. I guess once a video game drought happens or I am really bored, I will eventually start cracking on the backlog.
4. Start a family, someday!
I know it will probably be several more years before I think about starting a family considering that dating costs money and I have student loan debt (which will get wiped away in ten years with the Public Service forgiveness). Someday, I want to find a wife and then have children.
Real Neat Blog Award – Nominated by OG-Man, Author of The Yuri Nation
- Favorite anime male/female character personality trait? – While I have no preference really, I have a liking for tsunderes. Sure, they are repetitive, but it makes for nice and entertaining character development.
- Favorite anime battle? – The battle between Archer and Shirou in Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works.
- Favorite cosplay outfit? – Although I will never cosplay, as for other people cosplaying, I do like maid and cat girl cosplay since these looks cute, although there are other good cosplay outfits out there.
- Is there a certain anime character quote/speech that somehow impacted your life? – Not really, but I will give you this one for kicks and giggles: “If you love twintails, anything is possible.”
- Strangest anime you ever saw? Glasslip because none of it made any sense.
- Thoughts on anime (those whose plot as a whole or a specific story arc) that revolve around a real life religion? – No comment.
- Thoughts on anime that mix “silly willy” with random super serious stuff, like Sasami-san@Ganbaranai, Stella Academy Group C3, Punch Line, Mekaku City Actors or any others you can think of? – I covered this in a recent editorial.
With that, this pretty much finishes all the awards post I have not touch on. As always, you can ask me questions anytime on Ask.fm. Note that I am somewhat busy now that I am working and it may take a few days for me to answer them all. Aside from that, hopefully most of you will find these responses interesting and feel free to give your thoughts on them.
If you see this text, this site has stolen my content. If you are affected by content thieves, look this domain up on a Whois Service, look up the IP and send a DMCA takedown with the host provider. STOP STEALING CONTENT AND MAKE YOUR OWN. Also, MATRIXAT, go fuck yourself you fucking thief!