Considering that I’m now taking part in the Anime Power Rankings, the answer is yes. A fellow Animeblogger named kevo runs these rankings to see how the currently airing shows are doing at a particular week. Given that I want to share my reasoning behind these votes and possibly add brief thoughts of episodes from older seasons that aren’t part of the rankings, I decided on doing it. This is how it’s going to work:
- I will concentrate on the shows that I have voted on the rankings first. This means the shows I’m up to date on are eligible for this. Sub availability plays a key role in this. Once I know enough Japanese, this will go a lot smoother as I can just jump right in and then re-watch the subs later while having a sufficient understanding of what I watched.
- Second part will focus on unranked shows. These are shows that I’m currently behind in because of uncontrollable circumstances.
- If there is any, the last part only focuses on episodes from shows of other seasons. They won’t be part of any ranking whatsoever.
- Lastly, this is not a replacement for episodic posts. It’s meant to recap what I watched during the week.
So, let’s get started, shall we? (Image Source used in this post)
1. Fate/Zero Episode 4
After three episodes of preparing the 4th Holy Grail war, I have to say that the duel between Saber and Lancer was excellent. Rider’s appearance at the end kind of broke the mood. Then again, he’s awesome so I’ll let that slide.
2. Shinrayku!? Ika Musume Episode 4
Although the misunderstandings from Eiko got kind of tiring considering that Cindy is fluent in Japanese, they were still hilarious. It was also nice to see the return of Mini-Ika and it’s cute as ever.
3. The Idolmaster Episode 16
GOD DAMMIT JUPITER… WHY YOU HAVE TO RUIN HIBIKI’S ONLY EPISODE?
I’ll avenge that and kick their butts once I get my copy of Idolmaster 2 on the Playstation 3 once the semester is over. For now, I wonder when we are going to have a Takane episode? I really want to know more about her mysterious background.
Working’!! Episode 3
(Would have ranked #3)
No matter what, Souta’s sisters never fail to amaze me. Not only that, Izumi steals the bait as she finally comes out of the house. She cleans up quite nicely in her white dress with her hair tied back in a ponytail.
Tamayura ~hitotose~ Episode 2
(Would have ranked #5)
There wasn’t much to say about this episode as the girls have their sleepover. However, the interesting part of the episode is all the anti-commercialism in the show. Considering the growth and occurrence of the “Occupy” protests, it only makes this aspect more fascinating.
If you see this text, this site has stolen my content. If you are affected by content thieves, look this domain up on a Whois Service, look up the IP and send a DMCA takedown with the host provider. STOP STEALING CONTENT AND MAKE YOUR OWN. Also, MATRIXAT, go fuck yourself you fucking thief!