Although Nayuki’s arc got shafted in both adaptations… but since I got the opportunity to play the actual visual novel, I can point out several things that were different from Nayuki’s abridged arc and the original.
Warning, VN spoilers ahead.
– Yuuichi’s past when he was crying at the station and Nayuki tried to confess her love for Yuuichi and giving him a snow rabbit which got destroyed.
– Nayuki gets a gift from Yuuichi (a red marble)
– Nayuki fixing the wrecked snow rabbit outside of the school and using the marble as a replacement for the eye.
– Yuuichi asking about her braided hair which she had in the past.
– Yuuichi wanting to record over the tape on the alarm clock
– Akiko’s accident and Nayuki’s depression
– Yuuichi and Nayuki study together in her room, but in the game, it was done more than once for each subject for the exam.
– Nayuki and Yuuichi takes a break outside and Nayuki tells her why Winter is her favorite season.
– Nayuki gets out her depression… She kisses Yuuichi after making a promise. In the anime, she never kissed Yuuichi or made the promise to have Yuuichi to support Nayuki.
Not in the Anime
– Yuuichi’s recorded message
– Yuuichi confession to Nayuki (obviously, since the series seems to perfer Ayu alot more for Yuuichi:
– Yuuichi leaves the alarm clock Nayuki gives in front of the door with the recorded message mentioned before.
Final Thoughts about Nayuki’s Arc
Nayuki’s arc is probably second to last (before Shiori’s Arc) to be neglected… since people don’t have the full impression of her arc… After playing some of Nayuki’s arc, it seems that the Anime left out alot of her arc besides the past memory, Akiko’s accident and Nayuki’s depression. After playing her arc… Her arc is pretty tradgic… and enjoyable with all those “Unyuu~” and Yuuichi trying to wake her up… but If you have seen the anime and have the game… you might become a little disappointed on how they adapted her arc in the anime… It’s not a whole lot.