It seems that many anime bloggers have jumped on the “50 Questions” bandwagon, which got started by a fellow Anime Blogger AceRailgun. Since I don’t want to keep blogging about Papa Kiki, I may as well do it. (Image Source)
Questions about Anime
1. Who is your favorite male anime character?
I don’t have a favorite male character in particular. But if I have to choose, Tomoya from Clannad is the best candidate.
2. Who is your favorite female character?
There are several, although I haven’t updated my favorite character lists in ages. Then again, choosing one and explaining it is very difficult since I would rather show the whole list.
Current, but out of date list: 1. Misaka Shiori (Kanon) 2. Kamio Misuzu (Air) 3. Fujibashi Kyou (Clannad) 4. Ichinose Kotomi (Clannad) 5. Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad) 6 Tohno Minagi (Air) 7. Tsukimiya Ayu (Kanon) 8. Minase Nayuki (Kanon)
Favorite Idols (explained more in a separate post): Chihaya, Azusa, Takane, Yukiho
3. What is your favorite anime soundtrack?
I don’t pay too much attention to soundtracks, but I think the soundtracks Key-VisualArts released were excellent. There are probably others that I might enjoy, but I haven’t checked them out.
4. What is your favorite anime opening + animation?
There are several. The obvious are the opening themes sung by Lia (“Tori no Uta”, “Toki wo Kizamu Uta”, “My Song, Your Beats!”) since she has a really nice voice. Outside of that, I also like the openings sung by Nana Mizuki, Maaya Sakamoto along with a few other opening songs listed below (not a complete list):
Connect (Claris/Madoka Magica)
Light’s Melody (光の旋律) (Kalafina/Sora no Woto)
Last regrets (Ayana/Kanon)
Change!!!! (The Idolmaster)
I don’t pay too much to the animation since I usually skip the opening themes. Therefore, I only get to listen after the CD comes out.
5. What is your favorite anime ending song + animation?
Same artist, but different endings, although I do enjoy the ending songs Sphere has released.
Magia – (Kalafina/Madoka Magica)
World’s Tears (セイカイのナミダ)(Yuuki Aira/True Tears)
For you (Rie fu/Hourou Musuko)
Promise (約束) – (Asami Imai/The Idolmaster)
6. What is your favorite anime scene?
Can’t remember one from top of my head from the past… but there was one that particularly left an impression a few months ago and that was Episode 20 of The Idolmaster Anime with the live concert after Chihaya gotten out of her depression.
And, there is of course Misuzu’s last moments in the last episode of Air TV.
7. If you could meet an anime character who would it be?
Not in particular.
8. What anime character is most similar to you in terms of personality?
Sadly, I can’t think of any.
9. What is your favorite thing about anime?
The artistic aspect of it as the animation, the story and music relates closely to the culture.
10. What is your least favorite thing about anime?
The elitism in the fandom, which bothers me a lot since they mostly consider shows that doesn’t have hot-blooded action as garbage.
11. Who are your favorite anime couple?
Not too much into shipping, so I can’t exactly say.
12. Who is your favorite anime animal?
Botan from Clannad
13. What anime would make a good game?
I can’t think of any.
14. What game would make a good anime?
Same as above
15. What was the first anime you ever watched?
The first piece of Japanese animation I saw as a child was in fact My Neighbor Totoro, one of Hayao Miyazaki’s movies. As for the first Anime series I watched, that would be Pokémon, which I gained interest in from the games.
16. Do you think you’ll ever stop watching anime?
Not in the near future, although I cannot predict the future.
17. What is your favorite genre of anime?
Slice of Life mostly because it relates closely to real life. Other genres I tend to watch are romance, comedies and drama.
18. What is your least favorite genre of anime?
Mecha and Shouen Action anime… I don’t really have much interest in them nor I really care for them.
19. Are you open about watching anime with people you know?
Sure, although I do not participate in Anime Clubs because they are just bad in my university.
20. Have you ever been to Japan?
No, and I don’t intend to mostly because my Japanese Language skills is still at it’s beginning stages.
21. What anime was the biggest let down for you?
Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai, the longest I ever continued before dropping it… has a lot of cute girls, but the story is very confusing and that Takashi Haneda is probably one of the lamest male leads I ever seen. The runner-up is Fractale, mostly because of the wasted potential and the ending wasn’t great. Even so, the opening/ending songs were rather good for that show.
22. What anime was better than expected?
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes – Although my first impressions of it wasn’t good, it tremendously got better with each episode because the jokes were just out of this world. The same still applies to the second season.
The Idolmaster – I have never played the game since it’s only in Japanese, but I have heard about it in the blogosphere. After the extremely disappointing attempt Namco had with Xenoglossia, the second Anime became one of my recent favorites besides Madoka. It also convinced me to buy the game.
23. What is the best anime fight scene?
(Insert any fighting scene from Madoka Magica or Fate Zero here)
24. Who is your anime waifu?
I don’t believe in waifus. I prefer 3D girls *runs*. :p
25. What was your favorite video game as a child?
Pokémon. I also like the Super Mario games.
Questions about me
26. Most Embarrassing moment?
Why would I tell everyone my embarrassing moment? It’s something I would rather not share.
27a. Can you drive?
Not really, to afraid although I have a license.
27b. Do you own a car?
28. Are you mature?
Maturity is relative… so I can’t tell.
29. What year were you born?
August 9, 1989… it says it in the about page.
30. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
Cats are cuter, but I wouldn’t own one.
31. Describe yourself physically.
I’m an American Born Chinese. I’m 5’4” and weigh 120 lbs. Yeah, I’m short and skinny (although within a healthy BMI), but it’s expected with most Asians.
32. What would you name your first child?
Not sure… I’ll wait to see what the future holds.
33. What is the worst injury you have ever had?
Thankfully, I haven’t suffered any serious injuries. I hope it stays like that.
34. What is your worse habit?
Laziness… but it depends on the activity.
35. Do you drink or smoke?
Nope, I don’t want cancer.
36. Do you have a tattoo?
37. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Not much of a morning person since it’s hard to get up early in the morning.
38. Have you ever slept past midday
39. Do you regret anything?
There are things in my life I shouldn’t have done. However, I can’t live in the past, so I move on.
40. Can you count the number of friends you have on one hand?
41. Do you wear glasses?
Yes, although I only wear them so I can see the board. Most of the time, I have them off.
42. Are you a picky eater?
Yes, and I blame my grandmother for that.
43. Would you die for someone?
Hard to say
44. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
45. Do you believe in the supernatural?
46. Would you rather be rich or famous?
Rich because money is power…
47. Have you ever committed a crime.
48. Time Traveler or ghost?
49. Does someone have a crush on you?
I don’t know that many people in college, so no.
50. Are you in a relationship?
No, but I would like to get a fated other someday (As for the preference of girls, I like Asian girls).
This pretty much wraps up all the questions I have to answer. If you interested in more answers about me, check out the one I did in 2010.
Like this post? Use the Reactions system and Do Not Use the Like Button in WordPress Reader.
The Reactions system replaces the WordPress Likes system, which appears at the bottom of every post.
Please do not leave likes via WordPress Reader on my posts as they will not appear on my blog.
If you like the post, simply click/tap the Like button in the reactions below. You can also choose a different reaction if you wish. Any reactions made are 100% anonymous.