Kyou’s arc in Clannad is probably my most favorite arc in the whole visual novel… and it took 15 hours to complete it and I usually spend my time playing her arc right after I got out of classes in college…. I can say, Kyou’s arc have the best comedy and also drama … but can the Kyou OVA live up to the original arc in the Visual Novel? Sorta… but not quite… While the animation is good, the problem is the length caused it to be so abridged… that most viewers don’t have a good idea of her arc and make it feel rushed.
Here is some stuff I felt that was missing:
– Tomoya’s preference of girl’s hair length. The player have a choice of liking a girl with long hair (Kyou) or short hair (Ryou, which automatically ends you up with the bad ending)
– Tomoya’s first and second date with Ryou.
– Tomoya’s gift to Ryou (which the player selects what gem to get… Amethyst is the one you get since it’s the color of Kyou’s eyes… but you actually give Ryou the tarot cards bought by Kyou which is important later in the arc)
– Tomoya’s last fortune by Ryou using tarot cards (it’s symbolizes something bad)
– Kyou showing the place she met Botan
– Tomoya’s and Ryou’s 2nd and 3rd time using the fortune telling machine at the arcade.
– Tomoya actually calls out while Sunohara and Kyou try to kiss each other.
Overall, the OVA is not bad… but it didn’t have the protential of being perfect since it lacks some of the part of the arc… I wished they did it for 45 min, then it would be alot better… but oh well..
Full comparison of Kyou’s arc will be posted soon.
This is the !00th post!